Have you ever wanted to play android games – right there on your PC? You can! If you have a windows 8 touch screen laptop, an all in one computer, or just a simple desktop with a keyboard and mouse, you can play your favorite android games including Candy Crush, Temple Run, Asphalt 8, Frontline Commando, and More! In this article, I will teach you how to play android games on PC.
There are several ways to do this – The first, is to use a virtual PC environment emulation software, such as Oracle VM Virtualbox (free), or VM Ware Player, both of which you can download easily and quickly. Or, you can try the Bluestacks App player, which serves the same purpose, but is easier for beginners and offers tons of awesome functions!
Keep in mind, that you won’t be able to experience as fun and quick game play, but it will still be a rewarding experience, and don’t forget about the unique boasting rights you’ll have with your friends – “I played level 237 of Candy Crush on my Asus Zenbook today!” Now that’s pretty cool, right?
Some games work perfectly on a PC, for example Defender 2, while some racing games such as real racing, don’t work at all or not as well, so you’ll just have to learn and play “The Right games on the right device.” 😀
Now, I will provide detailed, step-by-step instructions on just how to get it setup.
1. First, go to Oracle Virtualbox’s website here: https://www.virtualbox.org/ and download the latest version.
2. Next, follow the setup instructions.
3. Choose where to install the files, the default settings are fine with most computers. If your C drive has little space left, install it some where else because virtualbox WILL take up a lot of space.
4. Go to https://code.google.com/p/android-x86/downloads/ list and download the version of android you like. If you don’t know which to download, then just use the first one on the list!
5. Wait for it to download.
6. Go to start menu ->Programs, and find Oracle VM Virtualbox. Open it.
7. Click New on the top right hand corner.
8. For Type, choose Linux.
9. For version, choose Linux 2.6.
10. For name, just name it whatever you would like it to be, for example “Android – Gaming”.
11. For memory, I recommend you to do 1024MB, because that is the approximate memory level of a normal android device.
12. For hard drive, choose 4GB to 8GB, depending on your games and PC.
13. When you first start up android, choose the correct iso you downloaded to use as your CD/DVD.
14. Go through the initial Android settings.
15. After the settings are finished, go to the Google Play Store and find the app you like.
16. Enjoy playing the games!
There shouldn’t be any problems, because Android is a form of Linux created by Google, so it should be usable with a keyboard and mouse, just as any other operating system. However, some games that use multi-touch might not work, so my recommendation is too play simpler games that don’t have lots of controls and complex graphics. (For example, shooting games might not work well)
Now you know how to play android games on PC! Enjoy, and happy gaming!